Federal Criminal Lawyers in California
California Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys
Federal district attorneys aggressively prosecute federal crimes, and convictions for such crimes carry harsh criminal penalties. The U.S. Attorney's Office is able to commit more time and resources to any given prosecution than a state prosecutor. Investigations are more thorough, and the evidence in these cases is generally stronger. If you've been charged with a crime, contact the California federal criminal defense attorneys at Schweitzer & Davidian.
Additionally, when imposing predetermined minimum mandatory sentences federal judges only have limited opportunities to deviate from the guidelines. This means you can expect to at least serve 85 percent of your sentence if a conviction occurs.
It is therefore critical to retain the services of a Fresno, California Federal defense lawyer who has experience defending clients at the federal level. Besides having over 25 years of criminal law experience, Attorneys Eric Schweitzer and Annie Davidian have successfully faced some of the toughest federal prosecutors in the United States.
Secure their representation today by calling our firm for a free initial consultation with a California federal criminal defense attorney.
Experienced Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers in Fresno
Our attorneys have lengthy experience defending individuals charged with the following federal crimes:
- Banking and credit card fraud
- Computer crimes, including child pornography
- Drug manufacturing and trafficking
- Health care fraud
- Kidnapping and terrorism
- Weapons charges
We understand the subtle and not-so-subtle differences between state and federal trials. We have represented clients in state and federal courts throughout the Central Valley and Northern California.
We are always prepared to defend you in court should it be in your best interests. If the facts of your case warrant negotiating with prosecutors, we are effective in reducing or eliminating criminal penalties. In either circumstance, we are committed to minimizing the impact that federal criminal charges have on your life.
Call (559) 206-2322 to discuss your situation with a seasoned federal defense attorney, so you can build a strong case.
What Do Federal Defense Attorneys Do?
Federal criminal defense attorneys are skilled professionals who specialize in navigating the complexities of the federal judicial system. When you are faced with federal charges, these attorneys step in to become your vanguard, using their expertise to protect your rights and mount a defense on your behalf. Their deep understanding of federal laws, court procedures, and prosecutorial strategies aims to tip the scales in your favor, often making the difference between freedom and incarceration.
Services provided by federal defense lawyers include:
- Investigation: They conduct an independent investigation, looking for evidence that might refute the prosecution's case or mitigate your liability.
- Strategizing: They develop a tailored defense strategy based on the specifics of your case and the available evidence.
- Representation: federal crime attorneys represent you in court, presenting your case to the judge and jury in the most favorable light.
- Negotiation: Negotiate with federal prosecutors, a federal crimes lawyer may potentially be able to reduce charges, lessen penalties, or even get a case dismissed.
- Counseling: They provide legal advice to help you understand your charges, your rights, and the legal options available to you.
- Appeals: If there's a conviction, they can help file an appeal in an effort to have the decision reviewed and potentially overturned.
Meet With Our Fresno Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys
With offices conveniently located in Clovis and Visalia, California, we invite you to contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Our California Federal criminal defense attorneys will provide a candid assessment of your case and recommend the best steps to take.
Hablamos EspañolSpanish cases are welcome! Our firm provides bilingual legal services to accommodate the needs of our ESL clients.
A Client-Centered FirmWe put our clients first above all else. You can feel confident knowing that we only take cases in which we know have a fair chance at justice.
Experienced Trial AttorneysCombined, our founding legal team has over 25 years of trial experience on the front-line, proving that we are more than qualified for your case.
100% Devoted to the AccusedAny defense attorney who claims to be a former prosecutor is a hypocrite. We have always known what side we are on - your side.